Tuesday, June 30, 2015

scapegoat



I will be your scapegoat.
I will clean your dishes and do your laundry.
I will do your shopping and pay your bills.
I will be a mirror you can break.
I will raise your babies and bury your dead.
I will write your papers and formulate your agenda.
I will apply your makeup.
I will file your tax return.
I will cook you something when you want something to eat.

I will plant your garden and weed it as needed.
I will be your therapist and your general practitioner.
I will mend your clothes and give you the most flattering fit.
I will invest your meager savings wisely.
I will massage your back.
I will give you my left eye when yours goes blind.
I will talk about the stars, but only if you want me to.
I will guide you through foreign towns.
I will highlight the appropriate passages.

I will be your scapegoat, but I will not save you. 


--6/30/15 

No comments:

Post a Comment