Sunday, November 29, 2015

joy

Today, I don't want to write about blood. I don't want to write about darkness, pain, sadness, regret, cynicism,self-loathing, fear or death. All of these things have been swirling very close to me this year--yet again this past weekend, in a way that has left me emotionally drained--and these things have taken up far too many of my words, my time and my existence this year. 

All I wish to write about today is joy. Very specifically, how one incident of joy as demonstrated in the video below is everything that is beautiful and wonderful about this crazy world we inhabit. Everywhere you turn you see the worst, but I fervently believe that joy is always present too. It might be better at hiding and it might not get the same box-office returns but it is always, always there. 

The look of joy on the faces of the people in this video--old and young, skinny and fat, male and female (oh, but how wonderful the boys look in dresses!) is everything that is beautiful and wonderful about humanity and the forms in which we express ourselves. This is what the cosmos does when it sees itself. It dances and laughs. 


I only wish I was in a red dress dancing with all of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment