Monday, August 22, 2016

things that were on my writing desk at one time or another but no longer are

an ashtray stolen from a strip club
a bone fragment, probably deer, found in the Selkirk Range
a frayed friendship bracelet from someone who is no longer a friend
empty bottles of Boone's Farm fortified wine
empty Keystone Light cans
a skull wearing a top hat smoking a cigarette ring
a picture of the abandoned house, since demolished, that sat on my parent's farm and once housed an aunt who disappeared
a rock someone gave me
a rock I gave someone which they did not want
an ashtray made out of a salsa jar lid
a Brother electronic typewriter
a bottle of white-out
a skeleton earring
cigarette ashes
a letter from someone I loved
a letter to someone I loved
coffee mug stolen from Denny's
sunglasses
3D glasses from Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
Olivia De Berardinis pinup trading cards bought in a Spokane comic book shop that almost certainly doesn't exist anymore
empty airport bottle of Jack Daniels given to me by my wife before she was my wife because we couldn't be together on our first Christmas (which I spent alone in a small apartment)
a story outline on a napkin written when I was only writing poetry
a bottle of red nail polish
a bottle of black nail polish
a Sid Vicious postcard sent from L.A. from my oldest and one of my dearest friends
blue pens
other things I've forgotten

1 comment:

  1. Your memory is better than mine, that's for sure. What a trove!

    ReplyDelete